Love vs Lust
There is a fine line between love vs lust, but most of us do not see the line. As both love and lust might showcase the same symptoms at first. However, there is a great difference and we are here to tell you all about it. So if you have ever wondered if you are actually in love, or just lusting over someone .Lust is more of an altered state where your consciousness is automatically programmed by the urge to procreate.
There are many studies that suggest that the human brain that is lusting for someone is the same as a human brain on drugs. When put under MRI scans you see that the exact same areas light up. Meaning it is easy for you to get confused between love and lust. To help you out, we have listed down the common signs of when you are in love, or when you are simply lusting.
What is Lust:
- The only thing you are focused on is how that person looks, and what their body looks like.
- You want to have sex but are not interesting in long conversations.
- You keep things on a fantasy level and are not open to sharing or discussing your feelings.
- You are more interested in leaving after sex, rather than staying the night.
- Your relationship is strictly physical, meaning you are not even friends.
What is Love:
- You want to spend time with the person, and not just have sex.
- You would like to get to know the person and have long conversations with them.
- You lose track of time when you are with them.
- You want to share your feeling, and listen to theirs.
- The person motivates you to become a better version of yourself.
- You want to know everything about them and would like to get to know their family and friends.
These are the common factors that can tell you if you are falling in love, or if it’s just lust. However, most of us do not even stop to think if it’s love, as we are so drawn towards living the fantasy afterlife. That we completely miss out on the signs of love or lust.
Moreover, if you really want to know if it’s love or lust, then you need to see the bigger picture. However, simply focusing on the points mentioned above might not be enough. As every human being is different, and they have gone through different relationships. Which is why it can be a bit hard to tell if someone is in love with you, or simply after sex.
In that case, there are only two things you can rely on, that is your gut feeling and rationality. Start by drawing a line, and mark down the things that are a hard NO for you. This will help you keep your relationship in check, and you can finally understand your partner better. On the other hand, some people have a strong gut feeling, and if your body is screaming no, then it would be best to simply walk away. These will help you get started in the right direction, so you can get a hold of your life.